Join Steve, Steph, Ant and Chris as they cover the latest in pro wrestling news and rumors from WWE, TNA, RoH and more on the Because Wrestling podcast. Including weekly roundtable discussions, pay-per-view event predictions, and much more each week. Explicit
Reverb Publishing and Phoenix Online Studios’ upcoming mystery thriller Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller has earned its spot in the Top 75 games on Steam Greenlight. The next step for the game’s publisher is to get it into the top 10. So Reverb Publishing has come up with a cool deal for people that come out and support the game.
From now until October 15, players that “like” the Facebook page and vote for the game on Steam Greenlight (you gotta do both!) will be eligible to win 1 of 500 Season Passes for Cognition. The catch is, the game has to break into the top 10! “If Cognition gets approved on October 15, we can’t think of a better way to say ‘thank you’ to our loyal fans than by hosting this give away,” said Doug Kennedy, CEO of Reverb Publishing. “We think the game is really special, and a perfect fit for Steam’s platform.”
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch – players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots and puzzles over four episodes.
Key features include:
* Engrossing, episodic narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
* Fully-realized characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
* Your choices matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
* Mind-bending challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
* Stunning art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
* All-star dev team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the lineup includes comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.