‘Embark on a magical adventure with your friends to become the hero of Camelot!’
The open beta for Merlin: The Game has finally launched. As someone who got to play this game during the Eurogamer Expo, I really do recommend it. If you’re interested in the background of the game and an interview I held with one of the developers of the game- please feel free to check that out here.
A magical, fantasy game based on the TV programme, Merlin really is a game for all ages. It’s RPG and turn-based, but the best thing about it is that it’s a flash-based Facebook game. So that means no downloading, no checking system specs and best of all- it’s free to play. So get your friends involved and get your teeth sunk into one of the games I believe will become a very popular game on Facebook.
Award-winning Bossa Studios plan to change your perception of what a social game can offer:
- Merlin allows you and six of your friends to fight off hordes of monsters, complete quests and explore exciting new areas.
- As you battle across Camelot, you gain experience points while levelling up and customising your character with the skills you would like to use.
- Progressing through the game allows you to upgrade your gear from those pieces of the medieval era, to shining suits of armour and colourful robes.
- Striking and exciting visuals allow you to dive into the world of Merlin and explore the lands of Camelot beautifully rendered in a new stylised environment.
- Be part of the story in the action adventure game that will always have new content for you to explore.
Also, during the making of Merlin: The Game, the development team consumed enough pizza to cover an entire tennis court. Now, if the thought of Wimbledon covered in cheese and tomato pizza doesn’t make you giggle- then I have no clue what will.
To play Merlin: The Game, just head over to the official website at http://merlingame.com