Join Shalthis from the GKick podcast as he delves deep into the world of Hearthstone in ShoutStone, a daily YouTube video series. Each day, Shal shoutcasts the latest and greatest Hearthstone games from the likes of Totalbiscuit, Trump, and Day!
Continuing their line of in-depth art/design books. UDON’s newest work is all about Persona 4.
Developed and published by Atlus, the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series has always had a cult following, but has seemed to reached a new level of success both critically (90% on metacritic) and in terms of sales with the 4th entry.
Although each game is different, the core story line of each series centers around groups of teenagers that can manifest elements of their psyche, called Personas, into reality to aid them. The art direction, unique setting, and character design has always been one of the big draws of the series, so what better way to enjoy the visuals then a 192-page book dedicated to just that?!
Featuring the work of character designer Shigenori Soejima, Official Design Works has hundreds of illustrations, sketches, character designs, landscape paintings, and more, all there for you to oogle at. Soejima goes in-depth on nearly every illustration, with extensive comments on every major character and revealing insight into background and secondary characters, the creation process, and the game’s setting.
And the cherry on top? A 9,000-word interview with Soejima himself, detailing the entire game’s creation from start to finish!
If you’re a fan of the games and really want to get inside the head of one of the main guys behind the whole process, this is a great thing to have.
Persona 4: Official Design Works is for sale now for $39.99(U.S.) at major book stores and comic book shops. So check it out! Also, if you are at PAX Prime 2012, the book will be avaliable at Booth #3828.
Persona 4: Official Design Works Key Features:
* A wealth of amazing illustrations by the acclaimed Shigenori Soejima, including commentary throughout!
* 9,000-word interview with Soejima, covering the entire design process for the game! Fascinating for game designers, inspiring for budding artists.
* Gorgeous, oversized English edition of the Japanese art book, fully translated and printed in a larger format than the original, to match UDON’s standard art book size!
* Persona 4 is often cited as one of the greatest Japanese RPGs of all time!
* Part of a multimedia wave of Persona 4 releases, including video games, anime, statues, and toys!