Join Shal, Hya, Tor and Ali as they discuss the latest from the World of Warcraft, share stories, and anything else they want to talk about on the GKick podcast. Including special guests, exclusive interviews, and other content you’ll hear ONLY on the GKick podcast. Explicit
The new MMO around town, The Secret World is getting ready to receive its monthly update on July 31st with the release of Issue 1#: Unleashed.
Seven new missions are being added to the game when the update releases along with a marketplace. The marketplace will as it sounds like, allow you to buy, sell, trade, and ship items to other players. It is a “integral” part to the world’s growing economy, Funcom said. Kinda sounds like they’re headed towards the Free-to-Play model.
“Of course, issue #1 is jam-packed with other updates and changes – and astute players may even notice the ongoing construction in New York, London and Seoul, as new tenants prepare to move in,” Funcom revealed.
“The Secret World is a living world, and it will keep growing and changing through this issue and all upcoming, monthly issues.”
Earlier this month, Funcom also let us in on what we can expect down the pipeline:
- Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
- New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
- Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
- Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
- A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
- Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
- Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
- Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
- More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
- Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
- And much, much more!
You can read their full blog post on their monthly update plans on the Funcom website.