Join Steve, Steph, Ant and Chris as they cover the latest in pro wrestling news and rumors from WWE, TNA, RoH and more on the Because Wrestling podcast. Including weekly roundtable discussions, pay-per-view event predictions, and much more each week. Explicit
That’s right! Defenders of Azeroth prepare to set off on a new exploration to the long lost continent of Pandaria on September 25th!
Announced this morning by Blizzard PR, the wait is now over and fans and enthusiasts of the game can now expect the newest expansion coming their way in roughly two months. With a new level cap soon to set from 85 to 90, a new playable race in the Pandaren and a new Monk class soon to be implemented as well as player-to-player pet battles and so much more Mists of Pandaria has raised the bar in variety in comparison to expansions past. Included in the press release CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, Mike Morhaime, states:
“Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between. We’ve received a lot of great feedback from players during our most extensive beta test yet, and we hope they enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer when the expansion comes out in September.”
So we know what features we’ll soon get to play to our hearts content and now we know when, but how much? Well as stated on the splash page of the main World of Warcraft website, a standard edition physical copy of the game will be available for $39.95 at local retailers. Additionally, fans of all things digital can pre-purchase a digital deluxe edition of Mists of Pandaria for $59.95. Included in the digital deluxe edition will include:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
And of course for the collectors in us all, there indeed will be a Collector’s Edition. In tow with a copy of the full length release and all the bonus additions from the digital deluxe package, you can also expect the following bonus exclusives:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
As of this time, I have not seen details on costs of the collector’s edition pre-order but when announced, this post will be updated.
Until then, we’ve got a few weeks to tie any loose ends before pandas attack! I for one have a digital deluxe pre-order on the way. A Night Elf Templar portrait for Starcraft II? That was a dealbreaker. What are you looking forward to in the weeks ahead? Leave a comment below and let us know!